Top Things to Do with Kids near The Cliffe at Dinham
Most people head to The Cliffe at Dinham to relax their cares away, contemplate the serene river Teme and enjoy great food, yet those travelling with children can rest assured that there are plenty of things to do for families wishing to enjoy an active holiday. In this post, we highlight just a few nearby activities and attractions that will make your visit to The Cliffe at Dinham as memorable for your little ones, as for yourselves:
* Monkey Mania: This indoor play centre in Ludlow is ideal for children who are bounding with energy. It includes the very latest play equipment, specific areas for toddlers and juniors, and seating for parents, who can take the time to bond while their kids climb, jump and bounce. The centre also hosts parties, so if your little one is celebrating a birthday soon, this could be the ideal spot for a party.
* Croft Castle and Parkland: If you find that back home, your children seem to be constantly glued to their technological devices, renew their bond with nature a the impressive Croft Castle and Parkland, located deep in the heart of the Herefordshire countryside and surrounded by 1,500 acres of woodland, parkland and farms . Explore the photos of Sir James Croft and his family and discover all the interesting anecdotes surrounding the house. Outside, take a tranquil walk through historic orchards and vineyards, take an Orienteering course in the words or let the little ones expend excess energy at the mini castle play areas. Also, watch out for the wildlife at Croft, including fallow deer, ravens, and white-clawed crayfish. The woods are also home to mistletoe , uncommon in the rest of Britain but found on oak, apple, lime, poplar and hawthorn. The woodlands are also home to huge fungi, which help break down dead matter and are a source of food for many animals.
* The Ludlow Food Centre: This centre offers a unique food shopping and dining experience. It is part of the Earl of Plymouth’s Oakly Park Estate, which extends over 8,000 countryside acres in Shropshire. It is a must-visit for self-confessed foodies, including kids with a great appetite! The centre has its own bakery, cheese making and butchery, and the array of local foods will tempt you tremendously. The Centre also boasts a restaurant and plant centre, where you can enjoy everything from gourmet-style treats to burgers and ice-cream. Visit the Centre’s website to catch an array of featured events, including product tasting, tea days, special food festivals, tea days, barbecue days, beer day, etc.
* Oaker Wood Leisure: This is a great spot for families into adventure. Set within 175 acres of mature woodland with two majestic lakes, it is ensconced on the border between Herefordshire/ Shropshire and Worcestershire. Oaker Wood calls itself the ‘Outdoor Activity Specialists’ and indeed, there are more activities on offer than you could possibly complete in a day. These include paintballing, quadding, Borneo assault parties (featuring a Borneo assault course that includes various rope challenges), rafting, high rope adrenaline, woodland adventure play and even target shooting. Despite all the action which abounds, Oaker Wood Leisure is known for being a safe, secure adventure centre. It is vital for all families undertaking nature and adventure style activities to ensure that whichever business they are relying on complies with all health and safety and public liability requirements and puts safety at the forefront of all its activities. So make sure to do your research and better yet, ask for recommendations from the Hotel Staff.
* Go on a Virgin Balloon Flight at Ludlow, Stokesay Court: This activity is best for families with older children, since you want to ensure that everyone on the flight, won’t regret it midway upwards (the experience lasts between three and four hours). This flight is known for being smooth as silk and offering fantastic scenery. When skies are clear, you can see miles of verdant beauty. You can choose from various packs – some all include a certificate signed by your pilot as well as Sir Richard Branson himself!
These are just a few suggestions of how you can make the most of your stay at The Cliffe at Dinham, though there are a vast array of additional gastronomical, cultural, nature and adventure experiences to avail of. For further information, ask the friendly staff – they are well versed in everything to do with local tourism, and will point you in the right direction.
Article from Gemma Taylor